Thursday 1 August 2013

Sarah Elizabeth Author Interview


Hi Sarah Elizabeth First Congratulations On your Book Misjudged loved every minute of it.........

Fictional- Tell us a little about yourself and your book?

 

Sarah- Thank you! I'm a mum to 3 young sons and began writing in March 2013 when a guy called Brandon entered into my mind and wouldn't leave me alone until I got his story told :) I'd read so many books in the past year that I thought I might have a try at it myself :)

 

Fictional- Who is your Favourite author?

 

Sarah- Can I only name one?

 

Fictional-I’ll be nice Top 3 Go?

 

Sarah -Rachael Wade, Jodi Ellen Malpas and Tina Reber.

 

Fictional-What Book are you reading at the moment?

 

Sarah-Love & Relativity by Rachael Wade. (For the third time)

 

Fictional-Outside of writing what do you do to relax?

 

Sarah -Write some more!

 

Fictional- I love that answer. Describe your book in three words?

 


Sarah-Emotional, sexy, and tense.

 

Fictional-This question comes from a member of my group called Claire Lamb....When can we expect snippets on the 2nd book?

 

Sarah- From the end of August onwards although I will probably drop hints within my pages status updates like I did for Misjudged

 

Fictional- In your book can you relate to any of the circumstances the characters go through i.e. Are there any of your own experiences or total fiction?

 

Sarah-Total fiction. I don't even know how some of the things that happened in the book came into my head. Misjudged started as a completely different story and just kept evolving until the final result.

 

Fictional- Does your family support you with your writing?

 

Sarah-Yes very much :) I don’t know how they put up with my screaming at the laptop screen sometimes but they've been very supportive.

 

Fictional-Are the names of characters in your novel important to you?

 

Sarah- Ha-ha! Hmm... Brandon and Alexis just wrote themselves when I sat at my laptop for the first time. I hadn't planned on them, or Alyssa and Ryan's come to think of it. Matt and Neil... Matt Boomer = Neil Caffrey. James 'Caffrey' - so I think it's safe to say I have an extremely unhealthy addiction to Matt Bomer!

 

Fictional-Oh I realised that as soon as I read it just wanted you to confirm it. What is your least favourite part in the writing progress?

 

Sarah- The editing, no actually it was when Brandon decided to change EVERYTHING from Chapter 4 onwards, and I had a week before Misjudged was planned to got edit to get it done. Writing almost 70'000 words without anything planned was quite stressful although I enjoyed every minute of it!

 

Fictional -This question makes me laugh... Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see the point?

 

Sarah- I don't see the point! : P Who asked this?! Lol. Although then it gets to around 6pm and I think 'hmm, I’d better make it.'

 

Fictional – EBook or paperback

 

Sarah - Tough one!!! Both? I buy eBooks mainly and if I really love the book, I'll get it in paperback too.

 

Fictional-I’m the same although I have to sneak books into my house.

 

Sarah-Do you have to hide them under your bed?

 

Fictional-You would be surprised the places I hide them all over my house. The rule is one comes in one goes out, if you had to pick another author to co-write with who would it be and why?

 

Sarah -SC Stephens because I really want to be involved with Kellan Kyle! : P I <3 that guy!

 

 

Fictional- ok this comes from me seeing as I run a Fifty shades group on Facebook.....Vanilla or kinkery F*ckery?

 

Sarah - It depends who it's with!

 

Fictional-Favourite Take-out food?

 

Sarah -Chinese food without a doubt.

 

 

Fictional-So the very beginning of your book is extremely HOT will we be seeing more of this in your writing?

 

Sarah - Yes and no.

 

Fictional- Do you listen to music when you write?

 

Sarah - I did for a while but stopped when I began writing the lyrics to the songs rather than the words I should have been writing.

 

 

Fictional - If you wrote a book about your life....what name would you call yourself and what 3 words would you use to describe your personality?

 

Sarah - I wouldn't even know how to answer the first part to this question because I could never write about my life. It's not very exciting! :) Three words... Hyperactive, witty and shy. (It depends who I'm around so they may contradict themselves slightly!

 

Fictional - Ok easy one top five book boyfriends?

 

 

Sarah - You call this easy?! Five? ONLY FIVE??!! Okay think... Brandon Taylor, from Misjudged, obviously! : P Kellan Kyle from the Thoughtless Series. Christian Grey, we all know where he is from! Ryan from Preservation and Ryan Christenson from Love Unscripted.

 

 

Fictional- Next question comes from the lovely Sandee Love....How did you come up with the characters?

 

 

Sarah - I didn't. They came to me, seriously! Wow, I sound like some crazy lady don't I?!

 

Fictional- No you don't I understand.

 

Sarah- Phew!

 

 

Fictional- Apart from Brandon Freaking Taylor who is your favourite man that's in your life?

 

Sarah - I choose my three sons :)

 

Fictional - Lovely answer. Next question is from Tracy Mckay.....Why are you so mean? Leaving us like that ugh Lol.... Also where did you get the inspiration for the story song, dream, and experience?

 

 

Sarah - To answer the first one, it's because, and I quote Brandon's exact words, 'I'm a b*tch author!’ Inspiration for the story... I really have no idea... It started off so different to what was published and I kept having what I call 'BOOM' moments, where something else pops in and then eventually it all pieced together. Yes, I have imaginary people talking to me in my head!

 

 

Fictional-Has there been a review that has stood out the most for you?

 

 

Sarah - No. Each and every single review I've received have been amazing and I'm really overwhelmed as to how people have connected with the story. It doesn't seem real at all. I'm still trying to get over the fact that I pressed the publish button!

 

 

Fictional -How would you describe Brandon troubled, Broken?

 

 

Sarah - Misjudged.

 

Fictional- Are there any other projects in progress at the moment?

 

Sarah- I'm working on Misplaced Trust right now, which is the second and final book from Alexis' POV. Then 1.5 and 2.5 (which are up on Goodreads as Untitled) are Misjudged and Misplaced Trust from Brandon's POV and although his will almost be along the same timeline as Alexis', there will be a lot more of what you don't see from Alexis' POV. I can't wait to get started on Brandon's ones because they're going to be quite different to books 1 and 2. THEN I do have another book which isn’t connected to this series in my mind but I won't be working on it until all the ones above are out.

 

Fictional - you just answered my next question Brandon’s POV happy dance...

 

Sarah -Ha-ha!

 

Fictional - This question is from Katie Moron Benson....Will you be revealing who the flowers were from? And also we know that your obvious muse for Brandon was Matt Bomer but did you have anyone in mind for other characters?

 

Sarah - Yes! The flowers sender will be revealed. I would like to know who everyone thinks they were from Lol :) Matt Bomer *sighs. Ahem, okay... I didn't. They really did write themselves. I feel quite used actually. Like I’m just their typist or something!

 

Fictional - Sarah Fictional men’s page for book ho's love you and I do too......Tell me something no one knows about the next book?

 

Sarah - Awh I love you too! : D <3 It'll be more emotional than the first. (Sorry!)

 

Fictional -Arghhh I forgive you. Last question finally what would you like to say to your fans?

 

Sarah - I would like to say a HUGE thank you to each and every one of them for all their support, for buying Misjudged and for their incredible feedback. I'm completely and utterly overwhelmed at the response my first novel has received and didn't expect to even sell five copies. I love those lots and lots!

 

Fictional-Thanks Sarah it’s been a pleasure. I can’t wait to follow and help promote your work your forever Facebook friend...

 

 

Sarah - Thank you! This was fun!

 

 

 

Fictional-And also I would like to thank you on behalf of all fans for bringing Brandon Freaking Taylor to life :)

 

 

Sarah - Hahaha! : P You're most welcome.

Lets have some fun.

Answer the first that comes to you. No cheating

 
Hot or cold.
Hot
In or out.
IN!
Up or down.
Up.
Down.
No up!
Boxers or briefs.
Boxers
Night or day.
Night
Toys or no toys.
No toys
Chest hair or no chest hair.
No chest hair
Lace or no lace
Lace!
 
Thanks for being honest

Follow the Author 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

1 comment: